If you have an outside sales team working in the field who is hunting for new customers and meeting them for physical handshakes, then you need more than just a CRM; you will need location intelligence at the core of your sales function.
80% of transactional data has a location dimension, and sales leaders are now evaluating location intelligence systems to have an all-in-one sales productivity, enablement, and engagement suite to run their entire outside sales operations and strategy – through a single connected, AI-driven system.
Industries that are field sales intensive, like Retail and CPG, Insurance, Banking Services, etc., and have many sales territories, have seen proven success with increased revenue numbers and customer coverage while optimizing in-field operations with the help of location intelligence.
Let’s look at Acme Inc., which has hundreds of outlets or branches across the country. For each of their storefront location:
All of these strategic and operational challenges can be solved by adding the dimension of location intelligence to Acme Inc.’s sales function. If you were a sales leader at Acme Inc., you should be able to monitor your field sales on an intuitive map view, plan to meet and exceed quotas and execute rapidly to improve the topline.
1. Visualize your geographical spread and zoom into the performance of individual sales areas by revenue, by agent, or by customer count.
2. Strategic visibility into the service area coverage of your physical storefront, prospects in that territory, and sales agent presence.
3. Define custom territories based on zip code, lead volume, lead priority, proximity to the branch, and other factors.
4. Assign leads based on the combination of factors like availability, location proximity to lead, specialty, sales experience, past performance experience, past performance, and more.
5. Cross-utilize sales reps across multiple sales areas to meet and exceed quotas.
6. Live cockpit view for Sales Managers to see what’s happening in their territory and performance of reps in real time.
Dista recommends a continuous and cyclic approach to applying location intelligence to monitor, plan and execute decisions. Leverage Dista Sales, our AI-powered field sales productivity product for enterprises that enables outside sales reps and empowers sales leaders to supercharge their sales conversions.
With Dista Sales, leaders and managers can visualize their entire field operations sitting in HQ and make revenue-impacting strategies that can be immediately put into motion while the sales force has access to an AI-ready, all-inclusive sales buddy app for their daily operations.
Value Delivered by Dista Sales
Take a sneak peek at key Dista Sales features:
Sales Productivity Features
- Revenue, Conversion %, Performance Metrics
- Next-best-action ad-hoc tasks
- Priority visit assignment in real-time
- Quota, Incentive, and more
Sales Enablement Features
- Create proposals and contracts on-the-go
- In-app calendaring, chat, cadence, and training
- Leaves and attendance management
Sales Engagement Features
- Customer calls
- Next best steps
And what’s in all this for sales leaders besides real-time monitoring and visualization of their sales performance?
Dista Sales Quadrant for Sales Leaders
Our proprietary Dista Sales Quadrant custom web report that has proven insights into revenue driving factors by region and by sales reps.
Account Farming and Account Management
Dista Sales is a single product aimed to increase sales through new business and drive revenue through existing customers with smart recommendations for portfolio-based upsell/cross-sales.
Smart Beat Planning
The system can integrate geo data from multiple sources and cleans it for revenue-optimized clustering and operations. It plots clusters of customer presence on a map, automatically giving you a visual handle on where your customers are. These customers are assigned to Account Managers (AM) to form their portfolios using your business rules.
The system then proposes a revenue-first beat plan for every account farmer, i.e., every Account Manager will be assigned their periodical visit plan to customers based on their targets, portfolio worth, customer preference, and priority, factoring in location awareness. Each AM can be assigned as many as 200-300 customer portfolios within a radius of 1-2 miles, and visits are planned based on customer tiering and location-based clustering of accounts.
The entire beat plan is scientifically handled through location-intelligent snug clusters to maximize daily productivity and account coverage while keeping customer preference and relationship at the core.
An intra-day plan may cover just a 200 m/yd radius so that the account manager spends less time shuttling across the city for customer handshakes and invests more face time in quality meetings with his portfolio.
Have a big field sales team? Get in touch with us, and we can schedule a quick free demo to see Dista Sales in action.