Empowering Outside Sales Reps: 4 Reasons Why Your Organization Needs a Sales Management Platform

In today’s competitive business landscape, organizations of all sizes strive to gain a competitive edge. One area that holds immense growth potential is outside sales. With the right tools and strategies, businesses can effectively manage their outside sales representatives, ensuring they reach customers ahead of their competitors. This blog post will explore the benefits of using an outside sales management platform specifically designed for field sales teams.

Empowering Outside Sales Reps: 4 Reasons Why Your Organization Needs a Sales Management Platform

1. Seizing the First Mover Advantage

In the fast-paced world of sales, timing is everything. Reaching customers before your competitors can significantly impact your success. Equipping your outside sales reps with a sales management platform enables them to manage their activities efficiently, get instantaneous details on new leads, track them, and seize opportunities promptly. The ability to respond swiftly and engage customers early in their buying journey increases the chances of closing deals faster, enhances brand recall, and improves the overall customer experience. An outside sales tool lets managers or supervisors push prospect details to field reps in real-time, along with routing directions to ensure they interact with them face-to-face while the need is fresh.

2. Empowering Reps On the Go

Outside sales reps spend most of their day meeting with clients and prospects in the field. To maximize their productivity and effectiveness, they require a mobile app that allows them to perform various tasks on the go. A comprehensive sales management platform can streamline their workflow, enabling them to manage meetings, file expense reports, access customer information, schedule meetings, generate receipts, and more, all from the convenience of their mobile device.

This flexibility ensures that reps can focus on building relationships and closing deals rather than being tied down by administrative tasks. According to a survey by HubSpot in 2020, salespeople spend only 34.8% of their time selling. The remaining 65.2% is spent on non-selling activities, including administrative tasks.

3. Optimizing Time with Customers

It is essential that your sales representatives spend the majority of their time engaging with customers and building valuable relationships rather than traveling. According to a survey conducted by the Sales Management Association in 2018, salespeople spend an average of 26% of their time traveling. This includes time spent commuting to and from customer locations, attending meetings, and visiting prospects or clients in the field.

A sales management platform equipped with advanced routing capabilities can optimize their travel routes, providing them with accurate directions and estimated time of arrival (ETA). By minimizing travel time and maximizing face-to-face interactions, reps can dedicate more time to nurturing client relationships, ultimately leading to increased sales and customer satisfaction. It also provides the option to alert about nearby potential leads based on reps’ location, ensuring more meetings take place with minimal traveling.

4. A Centralized Hub for Efficient Communication

To facilitate seamless communication between outside sales reps, managers, and supervisors, a robust sales management platform should act as a central office. This means providing a platform that enables real-time information exchange, ensuring that prospect or customer data, updates, and feedback flow effortlessly between the field and the office. With this centralized hub, reps can receive crucial guidance, access important resources, and collaborate effectively with their team members, resulting in improved coordination, increased productivity, and better overall sales performance.

Regardless of their size, global organizations can gain a significant advantage by leveraging a sales management platform designed for outside sales reps. Dista Sales, a powerful field sales management tool built on Google, offers a comprehensive solution to address field sales teams’ unique challenges.

Equipping your sales teams with Dista Sales enables them to reach customers ahead of competitors, enhance productivity, optimize time spent with clients, and foster efficient communication. We think your organization can benefit from Dista Sales too. How about a