A global CPG leader has multiple warehouses and distribution centers in the country. They were dealing with a complex and time-intensive scheduling activity to orchestrate their deliveries.
- Complex and time intensive scheduling activity
- Limited deliveries due to manual routing
- Lack of view on daily field activities
Dista automated our customer’s scheduling process. We uploaded a master file with all the details like – SKU, quantity, volumes of the shipment to each DC, and scheduled trial field runs to check the algorithm’s effectiveness. The algorithm was designed based on more than 30 practical constraints like – variable unloading time for each customer, no-entry time at various locations, traffic conditions, and more. The results of the field runs were fed phase by phase into the algorithms as learnings. These learnings facilitated seamless scheduling of the field runs.
- Deployed our scheduling platform
- Automated scheduling offered greater visibility and control
- Real-time updates of field activities
- Dynamic routing