Last updated – 1 October 2022
“User(s)”, “you”, “your” shall mean and include any individual, commercial organizations registered with us (“Customer”) and their permitted users that avail the Services through the Platform, as well as visitors to our website.
“User Content” shall mean and include data, photographs, and any other information uploaded by the Users on the Platform.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Website and Social media accounts – We may also collect, store and use your Personal Information when you
(1) access or provide your Personal Information on our social networking handles operated by us on Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn
(2) share our blogs through Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn and
(3) comment/ provide feedback/testimonials on such social networking handles.
4. Payment Information
You may elect to pay for the Services through our Platform, we may collect certain information such as name and email address to process your request. You will be required to provide certain payment information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to your name, credit/debit card information. We do not access, store or collect your credit/debit card information.
5. Google Analytics and Cookies
Log information – When you access the Platform via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• improve the user experience on the Platform
• understand the usage based on the geographical area
• understand the usage based on the demographics
• understand and get usage patterns of the Users
Examples of Cookies we use: Session cookies, First party cookies and Third Party cookies.
The cookies will collect following information:
• Clicks and scroll on the Platform;
• Visitor’s operating system, browser information, CPU, GPU; and
• Information of Service Provider.
Will disabling the cookies allow users to use the Platform?
We will not restrict the usage of the Platform if the cookies are disabled, but some features and Services may not function.
6. ANONYMIZED DATA
We may also use your Personal Information collected to create aggregate anonymized data. We shall ensure that such anonymized data will not be directly identifiable to you or to the Personal Information shared with us. We may use this anonymized data for any purpose including but not limited to conduct research, analytical purposes, and to improve our Services. By using the Services and/or visiting our website, you provide us the right to use your Personal Information to create anonymized data and use it for our business purposes.
7. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
8. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We shall use the Personal Information in the following cases:
(i) to provide User with the Services
(ii) assist the User in the event the User needs any additional support;
(iii) to provide User information about any new services /and or our periodic newsletter;
(iv) for creation or development of business intelligence or data analytics in relation to the Services provided by the Company;
(v) to improve the Services;
(vi) to maintain and manage User Account;
(vii) to assist User with technical difficulties that may arise in relation to User’s use and access of the Platform;
(viii) to manage our relationship with User;
(ix) for internal record keeping; and
(x) to comply with our legal or statutory obligations.
We do not sell, rent, share, distribute, lease or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties, without your prior consent. Keeping this in mind, we may disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
• Affiliates: We may provide your Personal Information to our affiliates to enable them to improve the Services and respond to User’s requests related to the Services.
• Merger or Acquisition: We may transfer your Personal Information if we are acquired by another entity, or if we merge with another company or transfer a part of our business, including the Platform, to a third party. Any such third party or resultant entity that receives your Personal Information shall have the right to continue to use your Personal Information in line with the purposes set out herein. In the event of such a sale or transfer, we may notify you.
• Legal and Regulatory Authorities: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with our legal obligations/ court orders/ requests by Govt. authorities.
10. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Personal Information as long as it is required to be retained for the purpose of provision of the Services and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain and use User’s Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Subject to this section, we will delete your Personal Information upon reasonable written request for the same. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting Personal Information from our servers. When we no longer require your Personal Information or data we may pseudonymise the same (so that it can no longer be associated with an individual), in which case we may use this data indefinitely without further notice. For more information on where and how long your Personal Information is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. OUR SECURITY MEASURES
Your Personal Information including User Content is stored on Google cloud platform.. Although we provide appropriate firewalls, encryptions, and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your personal information.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. If you are a child under the age of 13 years, please do not provide us any Personal Information. If we discover that we have received any Personal Information form a child below 13 years of age, we shall delete such Personal Information as soon as possible.
13. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
14. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to access your Personal Information in our possession, right to have us rectify or modify any such Personal Information, right to have us erase/delete your Personal Information, right to restrict us from processing such Personal Information, right to object to our use of your Personal Information, right to request to port your Personal Information. If you are a visitor of the website and would like to exercise ANY of these rights, please contact email@example.com . If you are the permitted users of the Customers using the Services of the Platform and would like to exercise your rights, you should reach out to the Customer. We shall assist our customers to fulfil their obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to data subject’s rights. If you are a resident of the EU you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
15. INFORMATION FOR EU USERS.
• Controllers or Processors
As per the provisions of the GDPR Dista Technology Pvt Ltd will be the Controller of Personal Information of the visitors collected on the website and Processor for Personal Information collected on the Dista mobile based and web-based application.
• Legal Basis
We will not process your Personal Information without a lawful basis to do so. We will process your Personal Information only on the legal basis of consent [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR], contract [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR], or on the basis of our legitimate interests [as provided in Art. 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR], provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests.
• Cross-Border Information Transfer
Subject to European Data Protection laws, whenever we transfer your Personal Information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based:
(a) Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, or Binding Corporate Rules
(b) Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains
(c) As otherwise permitted by applicable EEA requirements.
(d) Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
16. CALIFORNIA RESIDENT RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the rights as mentioned below;
Access – You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. If we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third-party recipient. If we have sold your Personal Information over the past 12 months, we will identify the categories of Personal Information purchased by each category of third-party recipient.
Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
Exercising Your Rights – To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that
(1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Information and
(2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Information provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request. We will respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you with any fees for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants any fees, we will notify you of the fees and explain that decision before completing your request. You may submit your Valid Request at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our Services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of our Services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
17. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We may send you communications including but not limited to
(a) notices about your use of our Platform and Services, including those concerning violations of use,
(c) promotional information regarding our Services, and
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and newsletters from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those emails. Alternatively, you can opt out, at any time, by emailing email@example.com with your specific request.
18. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
User agrees to indemnify us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and employees (each, an “Indemnified Party”) and hold the Indemnified Party harmless from and against any claims and demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of or relating to:
(i) accuracy and correctness of Personal Information and User Content that User submits or shares through the Platform;
(iii) or User’s violation of rights of another User.
21. GOVERNING LAWS AND DISPUTES
22. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
23. CONTACT US