We consider Design to be at part and equally important along with our strengths in Technology. We are looking for a Design Head to understand the Dista Platform philosophy and set a strategy to make it a world class platform with different product lines.
The candidate should have experience in working with Platform/Products in a global context.
We prefer that the candidate has experience and formal training in the 4 pillars of UX design -User Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design and Prototyping. For this job the focus is on Interaction Design with secondary skills in User Research and if possible, Visual Design.
The Interaction Designer will be responsible for understanding the business problem thoroughly and can question the viability of certain ideas from a viewpoint of consumers. The candidate should understand elements of User Research to be able to figure out why and how requirements would work based on human behaviour. They should apply this analysis to conceptualise a solution which will bring a business idea to life in a way that is intuitive, engaging and inspiring.
As an Interactive Designer, you will work in a collaborative environment with Business Users, the end Consumers and the Technology team to take a concept and translate it into product features. A key competency would be to imagine the interaction from an end user experience perspective and create an application they will love to use and keep coming back to. You will have to be conversant and well versed in the new world of ever evolving user interface technologies and be able to apply them to practical use with maximum impact. This is the only way to make our applications engaging and create a differentiation from competition.
- Experience working with Product and Platform Companies. Global experience preferred.
- Define the Platform/Product Strategy and take it to completion. This along with ongoing need to fit new customers requirements into the existing platform UX philosophy.
- 15+ years of experience with user research and interaction design for web and mobile apps.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision.
- Conversant with latest and greatest design methodologies like Material design, flat design etc.
- Design Tools – whatever are needed for the job (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, InVision, Proto.io, Figma).
- Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions and work with the Customers/Product Teams and Exec teams.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field.