Our customer is a leading B2B commerce player specializing in e-commerce for local grocery stores. The firm delivers groceries to local stores from warehouses. It deals with multiple stakeholders in the process: the relationship manager, warehouse manager, driver, and beat manager.
The company was looking for a system to manage its relationship managers and orchestrate deliveries. It relied on a manual process to onboard grocery stores, which involved a lot of paperwork. They were looking to digitize customer onboarding and reduce paperwork.
The retail tech company delivers groceries to retailers in different cities from multiple warehouses. It needed a way to plan and schedule vehicle requirements based on daily deliveries. Transparency and visibility in daily operations were also crucial.
By leveraging Dista Sales and Dista Deliver, the e-commerce firm automated its sales and delivery process. Let’s learn more about it:
- Relationship Managers (RMs) were mapped to multiple warehouses. The Dista Sales app enabled them to view scheduled visits to retailers and plan their day effectively.
- After visiting the merchant according to the weekly beat plan, RMs took grocery orders from the pre-populated SKU list as per the merchant’s requirement and recorded details in the app.
- After collecting orders from multiple merchants, Dista’s scheduling algorithm runs at a specific time in the day and creates a beat plan for the delivery for the next day. Our delivery management software factored in the number of orders and routes to calculate the number of vehicles required for the delivery.
- A dedicated driver app enabled them to cancel orders and return the quantity if retailers change the order. They also recorded the reason for canceled orders and return of goods. The system adjusted the amount dynamically as per the changes in the order quantity.
- The delivery dashboard offered complete visibility of the delivery process to warehouse managers. It allowed them to check the orders of multiple merchants on a single dashboard. The manager also performed auto and manual assignments of orders. They were able to check the history of orders and order details on the web dashboard.
- Real-time visibility on relationship managers
- Digitized the process of booking orders
- Optimized delivery of groceries to the store
- Digital onboarding of merchants of grocery stores
- Seamless reconciliation management
- Multiple reports specific for RMs, orders, and deliveries